I’m a game designer/writer who has published games as part of Laika Fawkes, Rad Dragon, EVC, and Universal Happymaker. Originally from New Hampshire, I’ve stopped at Hamilton College and the University of Southern California along the way to my current home near Seattle.
My professional goal is to make games that explore new themes and ideas without sacrificing entertainment. I’m excited to explore the manifold frontiers for innovation in interactive narratives, and in particular I’ve spent years studying recombinant narrative and computerized storytelling. My favorite genres are tactics, RPGs, sports, and (of course) weird narrative thingies. Outside of games, I love indie rock and feel terribly sentimental about baseball.
– Happily married to Samantha Vick
– Roommates with Maya the Cat and Beowulf the Dog
– Working as Creative Lead at TechSmart
– Making Astronaut: The Best in my spare time
– Recently wrapped the narrative and music for Wintermoor Tactics Club
– In a rock band called The Last Book Club (album hopefully coming this autumn)